Packages & Tours
River Cruises & Tours
Our Green Policy
Daintree Birds Checklist
Daintree Birding Bulletin
Frogs & Amphibians
Daintree Tours And Cruises
For those interested in birdwatching in Daintree we would suggest staying at Red Mill House long enough to do some the following activities which we recommend. We can arrange any of the following guides if required.
River Based Tours
- Daintree River Wildwatch: Small, personalised tours operated by Ian 'Sauce' Worcester, leaving from Daintree Village. This cruise provides excellent birdwatching and photographic opportunities. Sunrise and sunset cruises available.
- Daintree Boatman Nature Tours (formerly Chris Dahlberg's Daintree River Tours): Using an open stable vessel, Murray provides dawn nature cruises with a focus on providing excellent views of the birds and wildlife of the river. Average of 50 bird species seen or heard per tour. Contact Murray on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0417651929
- Dan Irby's Mangrove Adventures: Daintree River birdwatching and wildlife tours in an open boat that accommodates 10 passengers comfortably on swivel seats. Excellent for photography. The sunset/evening cruise is the best way to see wildlife at night in the tropical lowlands. Other tours available.
Land Based Tours
- Carol Iles (Birdwatching Guide): A very experienced birding guide based in Julatten, Carol has excellent knowledge of the region. A great choice for birding in the mid-level areas and dry country west of Great Dividing Range, Carol is available for full day or half-day tours, using guest's own transport. Contact email@example.com or via Red Mill House.
- Birdwatching Tropical Australia: Full and half day birding tours of Julatten and coastal areas in a comfortable, air-conditioned 4WD vehicle with guide, Doug Herrington. Doug has lived and birded the area for 15 years. Birders and photographers welcome. See some of the photos from trips at www.facebook.com/BirdingTropicalAustralia. Bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 0418 757 288 or direct with Red Mill House.
- Daintree Boatman Nature Tours: An early morning Daintree River tour followed by a road tour in a comfortable 4WD to key regional birding sites either locally or further afield. Contact Murray on email@example.com or phone 0417651929
- Fine Feather Tours: A 'fair dinkum Aussie', Del Richards is very experienced in guiding birders of every level, from ornithologist to novice. On tour you will gain insight into the complex environments and North Queensland's colourful history. Del is regional representative for Birds Australia and regularly contributes to magazines. Fine Feather Tours offers half and full day tours covering a wide range of habitats.
- Australian Natural History Safari takes a maximum size group of four on a four wheel drive rainforest and outback tour. You will experience wilderness and observe birds and mammals in contrasting ecosystems.
- Close-Up Birding Adventures: Day tours to fully accommodated bird watching / photography extended tours. Your Cape York and North Queensland endemic bird specialist.
Email Red Mill House.