Packages & Tours
River Cruises & Tours
Our Green Policy
Daintree Birds Checklist
Daintree Birding Bulletin
Frogs & Amphibians
- Cassowary House: When in the Kuranda/Mareeba area we recommend Cassowary House, situated in one of the premier birding sites in Far North Queensland. Set within the rainforest we offer comfortable accommodation, excellent food and outstanding birding. Cassowary, Victoria's Riflebird, Red-necked Crake and Spotted Catbird are all regular garden visitors.
- Kingfisher Park: For birdwatchers and nature-lovers generally, when in the Julatten/Mossman/Mount Molloy area, a stay at Kingfisher Park is a must. It is located in Julatten, a small rural community between Mossman and Mount Molloy, one and a half hours north of Cairns. Our aim is to promote the enjoyment of Birdwatching, and the appreciation of nature.
- Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat: Secluded timber and pole chalets in private rainforest and Eucalyptus forest in the Atherton Tablelands at Malanda. Over 160 species recorded. Guided walks and personalised tours available.
- Jabiru Safari Lodge : African-style tented safari cabins nestled near the banks of Clancy's Lagoon at Mareeba Tropical Savanna and Wetland Reserve. Birding tours available.
- Inala Nature Tours and Inala Country Accommodation: Personalised flora, fauna and specialist bird tours of Tasmania. Cottage style accommodation near South Bruny NP.
- The Canopy Treehouses: Unique rainforest accommodation set in 100 acres in the Cairns Highlands. Rich in birdlife and other wildlife.
- Villa Marine Holliday Apartments: Good value apartments close to the beach at Yorkey's Knob and within easy access to some of Cairns' best birding locations.
- Eden at Fogg Dam: Award winning Bed & Breakfast and a great place for birding. Fogg Dam is known internationally amongst birders and it is part of the Adelaide River floodplain which is an Important Bird Area (IBA) of Australia. The 40 hectare (102 acre) property is half native bush, half certified organic tropical fruit farm, registered with Land for Wildlife and home to abundant wildlife. Your hosts are long term residents with local knowledge and linked into birding and nature networks. Tel: 08 8988 5599 Email: email@example.com
Other Tropical North Queensland Tourism Links
- Birding Trails Tropical Queensland: A comprehensive website for birdwatching in Tropical North Queensland. An initiative by birdwatching tourism operators in TNQ to provide valuable information for visiting birdwatchers
- Ausbird: A directory of Australian birdwatching tours, bird clubs, guides, accommodation and information.
- Kirrama Wildlife Tours: Fully accommodated birding tours for small groups in northern Australia, specialising in Cape York.
- Gondwana Guides: Based in South-east Queensland and offering personalised tours of Lamington National Park and the south-east. Custom-designed birding tours anywhere in Australia.
- Lloyd Nielsen's Birding Australia: Promoting the birds of Australia to the birders of the World. My Daintree book is available in my online shop.
- Fat Birder: A huge web resource about birds, birding and birdwatching worldwide.
- Surf Birds
- Rainforest Rescue: Help Rainforest Rescue save the Daintree rainforest from development - every $2 will buy and protect one square metre. Make a donation today at the website and save vital habitat for the endangered Cassowary and other rainforest dependant birds.
- The Melbourne Birder - Steve Davidson: The Melbourne Birder operates birdwatching tours in the Greater Melbourne region and all areas of Victoria, offering specifically designed trips to suit experienced or amateur birders. Contact Steve for a day's birding you won't forget.Ph: +61 431 530 631 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Mill House is a member of: