Tours and Cruises
Daintree Tours And Cruises
For those interested in birdwatching in Daintree we would suggest staying at Red Mill House long enough to do some the following activities which we recommend. We can arrange any of the following guides if required.
River Based Tours
- Daintree Boatman Nature Tours: Using an open stable vessel, Murray provides dawn nature cruises with a focus on providing excellent views of the birds and wildlife of the river. Average of 50 bird species seen or heard per tour. Contact Murray on or phone 0417651929
- Daintree River Wildwatch: Small, personalised tours operated by Ian 'Sauce' Worcester, leaving from Daintree Village. This cruise provides excellent birdwatching and photographic opportunities. Sunrise and sunset cruises available. Contact Sauce on
- Dan Irby's Mangrove Adventures: Daintree River birdwatching and wildlife tours in an open boat that accommodates 10 passengers comfortably on swivel seats. Excellent for photography. The sunset/evening cruise is the best way to see wildlife at night in the tropical lowlands. Other tours available.
Land Based Tours
- Birdwatching Tropical Australia: Full and half day birding tours of Julatten and coastal areas in a comfortable, air-conditioned 4WD vehicle with guide, Doug Herrington. Doug has lived and birded the area for 15 years. Birders and photographers welcome. See some of the photos from trips at www.facebook.com/BirdingTropicalAustralia. Bookings at or Phone 0418 757 288 or direct with Red Mill House.
- Daintree Boatman Nature Tours: An early morning Daintree River tour followed by a road tour in a comfortable 4WD to key regional birding sites either locally or further afield. Contact Murray on or phone 0417651929
- Carol Iles (Birdwatching Guide): An experienced birding guide based in Julatten, Carol has excellent knowledge of the region. A great choice for birding in the mid-level areas and dry country west of Great Dividing Range, Carol is available for full day or half-day tours, using guest's own transport. Contact via Red Mill House.
- Fine Feather Tours: Del Richards is very experienced in guiding birders of every level. On tour you will gain insight into the complex environments and North Queensland's colourful history. Fine Feather Tours offers half and full day tours covering a wide range of habitats.
- Alan's Wildlife Tours: Naturalist and Guide Alan Gillanders specialises in tree-kangaroos, birds and noctgurnal mammals on the beautiful Atherton Tablelands. Guest's transport used. Contact Alan at
- Close-Up Birding Adventures: Day tours to fully accommodated bird watching / photography extended tours. Your Cape York and North Queensland endemic bird specialist. Contact "Chook" on
Email Red Mill House