Tours and Cruises
Daintree Tours And Cruises
For those interested in birdwatching in Daintree we would suggest staying at Red Mill House long enough to do some the following activities which we recommend. We can arrange any of the following guides if required.
River Based Tours
- Daintree Boatman Nature Tours: Using an open stable vessel, Murray provides dawn nature cruises with a focus on providing excellent views of the birds and wildlife of the river. Average of 50 bird species seen or heard per tour. Contact Murray on
- Daintree River Wildwatch: Small, personalised tours operated by Ian 'Sauce' Worcester, leaving from Daintree Village. This cruise provides excellent birdwatching and photographic opportunities. Sunrise and sunset cruises available. Contact Sauce on
Land Based Tours
- Birdwatching Tropical Australia: Full and half day birding tours of Julatten and coastal areas in a comfortable, air-conditioned 4WD vehicle with guide, Doug Herrington. Doug has lived and birded the area for 15 years. Birders and photographers welcome. See some of the photos from trips at www.facebook.com/BirdingTropicalAustralia. Bookings at or Phone 0418 757 288 or direct with Red Mill House.
- Alan's Wildlife Tours: Naturalist and Guide Alan Gillanders specialises in tree-kangaroos, birds and noctgurnal mammals on the beautiful Atherton Tablelands. Guest's transport used. Contact Alan at
- Close-Up Birding Adventures: Day tours to fully accommodated bird watching / photography extended tours. Your Cape York and North Queensland endemic bird specialist. Contact "Chook" on
Great Northern Tours: Based in Cooktown, local guide David Mead, can lead you on a variety of birding excursions through some truly unique environments. Birdwatchers and photographers alike, can choose from half day trips to extended Cape York adventures, for more info, please take a look at http://www.greatnortherntours.com.au/ or give Dave a call on 0411 348120.
Fine Feather Tours: Del Richards is very experienced in guiding birders of every level. On tour you will gain insight into the complex environments and North Queensland's colourful history. Fine Feather Tours offers half and full day tours covering a wide range of habitats.
Email Red Mill House